Ward Choir Director
- Recommends music to be sung by the choir, coordinating with the ward music chairman.
- Rehearses the choir and conducts choir performances.
- Proposes choir officers and/or choir members to the ward music chairman, who proposes them to the bishopric to call them if necessary.
- Obtains the help of the ward music chairman, ward music adviser, and bishopric to recruit members to the ward choir.
- Has access to the building music library for the use of music for the ward.
- Recommends a music budget to the ward music chairman each year.
- Chooses appropriate and suitable music for the choir, (usually hymns, hymn arrangements, or hymn-like selections,) not too difficult, but not too elementary, depending on the choir’s abilities.
- Schedules the ward choir to perform at least once or twice a month through the ward music chairman.
- Holds weekly choir rehearsals every Sunday at a set time and place.
- Requests that no meetings be scheduled during choir rehearsals.
- Learns and practices good directing techniques.
Liked it here?
Why not try sites on the blogroll...